LIFE HAPPENS IN MOMENTS
Growing up, I had always believed that adulthood confers a sense of togetherness and seriousness upon your life. In order words, once you are an adult you should have all of your life together, every minute of every day should really account for something... I mean... don't blame me the adults in my space as at that time made me believe so.
Now I am supposedly an adult (well society has made me believe so), and the story is entirely different. I realize that adulthood does not entirely confer the seriousness on you (it doesn't literally jump on you). There are countless periods that I am not in the entire serious mood or productive state that the phase of being an adult expects.
But rather I have come to realize that life happens in "MOMENTS"
It comes like a shock, and probably not last more than 3 minutes, but you realize that the moment was what took you 2 hours to figure out. It is safe to say you don't really need to have it all figured out, but you can make those moments count.
BE OBSERVANT: a whole lot of the time, our moments happen without us realizing it. You might have been working on a particular project for a while now, and just in a snap, ideas that can change the whole process comes. Guess what? that was the moment for the project. You realize that you might not be able to replicate that moment in a long while, so be observant for when it comes and make progress.
KNOW YOUR TIMING: I have a weird timing frame that sometimes I marvel. The very early hours of the day (usually between 5-9,9:30am) and late hours of the evening (4-8:30 pm). I am usually very creative and very productive at these times. Everything else in-between is...
It's important to know the timing of when you are productive, your moments usually happen within that time. Get rid of all the distraction and focus during that time.
PLAN YOUR DAY: when you know your timing, use your timing to plan your day. Put the large chunk of relevant work in the time frame you work best, that way you will get faster results for the work that needs to get done at that time. It would be unproductive or counterproductive to have moments come when you are doing something totally irrelevant to what needs to be done.
GO EASY ON YOURSELF: The greatest victory is not won against others but against yourself. A lot of the time I feel like I have a particular goal and if I don't hit it, then gosh I am a failure, forgetting that hitting it is not the main goal but getting it done appropriately. Efficiency without effectiveness is pointless. So go easy on yourself and allow room to breathe.
A moment though short, leaves with a lot of impacts. A moment if used appropriately creates a world of creative solutions. A moment is all you need to be richer or poorer. Make use of the moments spectacularly. Its all you would ever have.
Now I am supposedly an adult (well society has made me believe so), and the story is entirely different. I realize that adulthood does not entirely confer the seriousness on you (it doesn't literally jump on you). There are countless periods that I am not in the entire serious mood or productive state that the phase of being an adult expects.
But rather I have come to realize that life happens in "MOMENTS"
It comes like a shock, and probably not last more than 3 minutes, but you realize that the moment was what took you 2 hours to figure out. It is safe to say you don't really need to have it all figured out, but you can make those moments count.
BE OBSERVANT: a whole lot of the time, our moments happen without us realizing it. You might have been working on a particular project for a while now, and just in a snap, ideas that can change the whole process comes. Guess what? that was the moment for the project. You realize that you might not be able to replicate that moment in a long while, so be observant for when it comes and make progress.
KNOW YOUR TIMING: I have a weird timing frame that sometimes I marvel. The very early hours of the day (usually between 5-9,9:30am) and late hours of the evening (4-8:30 pm). I am usually very creative and very productive at these times. Everything else in-between is...
It's important to know the timing of when you are productive, your moments usually happen within that time. Get rid of all the distraction and focus during that time.
PLAN YOUR DAY: when you know your timing, use your timing to plan your day. Put the large chunk of relevant work in the time frame you work best, that way you will get faster results for the work that needs to get done at that time. It would be unproductive or counterproductive to have moments come when you are doing something totally irrelevant to what needs to be done.
GO EASY ON YOURSELF: The greatest victory is not won against others but against yourself. A lot of the time I feel like I have a particular goal and if I don't hit it, then gosh I am a failure, forgetting that hitting it is not the main goal but getting it done appropriately. Efficiency without effectiveness is pointless. So go easy on yourself and allow room to breathe.
A moment though short, leaves with a lot of impacts. A moment if used appropriately creates a world of creative solutions. A moment is all you need to be richer or poorer. Make use of the moments spectacularly. Its all you would ever have.



Comments
Post a Comment