DEAR HUSBAND
Dear Husband,
For whatever reasons best known to you, you have chosen to stay in your own world, without understanding the implication of that to "US", and for some weird reason I feel you know, but just so that we don't run with the assumption, let's go through some vital facts again:
IT'S YOU AND I: When we signed the dotted lines, you dropped the right to remain in your own world, and the liberty to take your own decisions. we signed those lines together, which means it's you and I in this world. while I understand that there are moments that require you to be in the world of yours, I think it is only fair you give me a good notice, so that rather than sit around worried sick about what is going on in your head, I am able to go and do other productive things with my time and I would be available when you are back from the unknown land.
I HAVE NEEDS TOO: I am the "talkative" of the house, I understand that that is how I am wired. This means every time I go out and come back there is really something to talk about. As my partner, you have every responsibility to be my listening ear, not necessarily provide irrational solutions, but just listen. We can't achieve that if you are in your world, so while you are there, remember I have needs and be quick to come and attend to them.
I AM A WORRYING MACHINE: I promised to share your burdens, pains, challenges, happiness, and I was not joking about it. This means that when you are in your own world, I am here worrying sick about what could really be wrong with you and how we can fix it. therefore it is really advisable if you say something like: "Babe, I am under this pressure from ------------------- and it's weighing me down. I need time to think about it, I promise to share details with you very soon, please just give me time. I love you". I can promise you that I would try not to pressurize, rather I would be the best support system and wait for you to get out. You alienate my fears and I can solve other issues while you are at it.
YOU REALLY CANT HANDLE IT ALL: One funny fact you are yet to admit is you never really have it all figured out, because if truly you do you won't need me (trying not to blow my trumpet). the fact that you need me shows you cant handle it all. So swallow your pride and really let it out, that way we can get it sorted out in due course. I am here whenever you need me though๐
I LOVE YOU: One most important factor you really need to remember when you have zoned out is that I love you, and that love is what will make me stick around even when you are annoying right now. I love you and I would wait here patiently for you, try not to get annoyed or irritated, allow you to do your stuff and love on you just when you think you are better off and can share it with me. I love you now and I don't intend to stop anytime soon๐๐๐๐
Signed
XoXo!
Your Loving Wife


Xoxo
ReplyDelete